The following vehicles may not be used on a freeway -
• a vehicle drawn by an animal,
• a pedal cycle,
• a motorcycle having an engine with a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50cc (cubic centimetres) or which is propelled by electrical power,
• a motor quadrucycle,
• a vehicle with a mass not exceeding 230 kilograms and specially designed, constructed or adapted for the use of a person suffering from a physical defect or disability, or
• a tractor, except when such tractor is used in connection with the construction or maintenance of a freeway.
No person shall stop a vehicle on a freeway except -
• in compliance with a road traffic sign or a direction given by a traffic officer,
• within an area reserved for the stopping or parking of vehicles by an appropriate road traffic sign, or
• for any reason beyond his or her control.
No person shall -
• give a hand signal when driving/riding a motor vehicle on a freeway except for a reason beyond his or her control.
• be on a freeway on foot under normal circumstances.
• leave or allow an animal to be on a freeway or leave an animal in a place from where it may stray onto a freeway.
When a driver/rider of a vehicle travelling on a freeway notices a vehicle in front of him/her wishing to merge from an On-ramp, such driver/rider must allow a vehicle to merge in front of them.